About two cups of fresh chopped broccoli
Bundle of green onions thinly sliced – greens only
2 tbsp oil olive
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2-3 tbsp fresh grated ginger (do to taste)
2 tbsp minced garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp warm water
Sesame seeds for topping
White or brown rice to serve it over.
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook broccoli till just about tender.
2. While broccoli is cooking whisk soy sauce, green onions, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a separate bowl mix water and corn starch together until corn starch is dissolved.
4. Strain broccoli when it is done, start cooking rice if using.
5. Heat olive oil in a fry pan and add broccoli and toss to coat.
6. Cover with the sauce and mix to combine.
7. Cook for about two minutes and add the corn starch/water mixture.
8. Cook until sauce is mostly all gone and serve over rice topped with sesame seeds.
Makes for great leftovers, I recommend bringing a packet of soy sauce in case it gets dry in the reheat. Feel free to put the broccoli over the rice and transport in one container.
Notes: Recipe Adapted From Edgy Veggie